Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sugar Pulling art.
Element performance criteria
- Thorough explanation of the equipment needed.
- Overview of different types of sugars, different use of recipes, use of glucose, acid citric, Isomalt.
- How to cook your sugar using normal sugar and Isomalt.
- How to silk your sugar base for pulling and turning it into different shaped flowers.
- Pulling sugar and making, roses, tulips.
- Making of leaves to complement your display.
- Ribbon pulling.
- Make a base and shapes with poured sugar to display your finished product.
- Use of the aerograph to paint your flowers.
Be aware that thumb blisters can occur due to lack of practice. We cannot be liable for this injury. Your registration on this course indicates your agreement that you have been made aware of this problem and that we won’t accept liability for those injuries.
9:00 AM to 3 30 PM
- Overview of different types of sugars, different use of recipes, use of glucose, acid citric, isomalt
- Pulling sugar and making, roses, tulips
- Making a small base using pouring sugar technique to display your finished product
- Recipe book, apron and gloves will be provided at the beginning of the course, for students to keep.
- Students will take home their products.
- Just your love for baking
- Lunch and camera
Wear casual and light clothes, sneakers or shoes with thick sole are recommended. No jewellery please.
No prerequisite for this course – open to public and trade.
48 hours notice cancelation required to get a full refund . . (Only on a presentation of a medical certificate, will you have the opportunity to reschedule the course .)
We reserve the right to cancel a class if the minimum attendance number is not reached. (Your fee will be refunded or rescheduled, you will get the choice.
Important Health and Safety Information
- For safety reasons, you will need to be 16 years or older to attend our courses.
- Our courses are NOT SUITABLE if you are allergic to NUTS or other food ingredients.
- For health and safety reasons, enclosed shoes must be worn during training. Long hair must be tied back, and avoid wearing loose bracelets or bangles, keep your rings at home.
- Casual and light clothes are suitable. As you will stand up for a long period of time,snickers or shoes with thick sole are recommended.
You will get a recipe folder and an apron for you to take home. Video recording is not permitted from either phones or other video devices but you are welcome to take as many photos as you like.
- For a full day course, you will have a 30 minutes lunch break .
- A dining room is provided for your breaks. Hot and cold drinks will be available free of charge. You will need to bring your own lunch or organise it from a nearby lunch bar.
- We have ample free parking space in front of our premises. We are located just a 10 min walk from Joondalup train station, in the business park opposite the shopping centre. We encourage you to use public transport, we have a free pick up and drop off at the Joondalup train station, organise it in advance.
- We will not take your photo without asking for your permission first .
Apprentices and trades people working in the food preparation/hospitality industry may be able to claim attendance to our courses as a tax deduction. In some cases ABN holders could qualify for a $200.00 Small Business Smart Business Training Voucher – contact your local Small Business Centre or www.sbceastmetro.com.au/services/training-vouchers (08) 9274 6428