Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
European cakes one
In this course each student will make two different modern European cakes; we don’t do share work. The emphasis will not be on the cakes themself but more on all the different techniques and recipes necessary to create them. Depending on the course it will include some of the following products. All will be done from scratch, no premix used.
Element performance criteria
- Lime sponge
- Biscuit Parisian
- Chocolate/fruits mousses
- Chai tea cream
- Chocolate garnishes
- Cream Anglaise/Bavarian cream
- Fruit stew and jellies
- Coconut mousse
- Mirror glaze .
- All will be done from scratch, no premix used.
- New miror glazing and icing techniques used in Europe
- How to make mousse, biscuit sponge and incoprporate them into a cake to create an infinity of your own creation.
- Recipe book and apron will be provided at the beginning of the course, for students to keep.
- Students will take home their products. Boxes will be provided.
- Just your love for baking and your need to learn .
- Bring your lunch and your camera.
Wear casual and light clothes, sneakers or shoes with thick sole are recommended.
No prerequisite for this course – open to public and trade.
48 hours notice cancelation required to get a full refund . . (Only on a presentation of a medical certificate, will you have the opportunity to reschedule the course .)
We reserve the right to cancel a class if the minimum attendance number is not reached. (Your fee will be refunded or rescheduled, you will get the choice.
Important Health and Safety Information
- For safety reasons, you will need to be 16 years or older to attend our courses.
- Our courses are NOT SUITABLE if you are allergic to NUTS or other food ingredients.
- For health and safety reasons, enclosed shoes must be worn during training. Long hair must be tied back, and avoid wearing loose bracelets or bangles, keep your rings at home.
- Casual and light clothes are suitable. As you will stand up for a long period of time,snickers or shoes with thick sole are recommended.
You will get a recipe folder and an apron for you to take home. Video recording is not permitted from either phones or other video devices but you are welcome to take as many photos as you like.
- For a full day course, you will have a 30 minutes lunch break .
- A dining room is provided for your breaks. Hot and cold drinks will be available free of charge. You will need to bring your own lunch or organise it from a nearby lunch bar.
- We have ample free parking space in front of our premises. We are located just a 10 min walk from Joondalup train station, in the business park opposite the shopping centre. We encourage you to use public transport, we have a free pick up and drop off at the Joondalup train station, organise it in advance.
- We will not take your photo without asking for your permission first .
Apprentices and trades people working in the food preparation/hospitality industry may be able to claim attendance to our courses as a tax deduction. In some cases ABN holders could qualify for a $200.00 Small Business Smart Business Training Voucher – contact your local Small Business Centre or www.sbceastmetro.com.au/services/training-vouchers (08) 9274 6428