Gift this class
For some of the bread that you will make you will be using quick sour dough (poolish). After this course you will look at bread in a different way, and when you will have tasted it… you will really think twice and choose carefully where you buy your bread from or just continue making it yourself.
To really appreciate bread and make it right you need three ingredients: technique, patience (lots of it!) and love… If you have them all, I will turn you into a master baker.
In this course you will learn how to make different yeast based dough for the production of bread including, gluten free bread, bagel, a very special sour dough bread recipe dating from 79AD and of course the traditional French baguette , dinner roll and loaf.
Element performance criteria
- Mixing (by hand and machine) and resting different dough.
- Making sour dough.
- Shaping dough into: rolls, balls, loaf and mini rolls in assorted shapes.
- Proving techniques.
- Baking techniques, (dry baking, steam baking).
- Guaranteed that you will know how to make the best baguette by the end of the course.
These recipes and techniques are the basis of most bread and will give you the knowledge to create a lot of variations from them.
Course Duration: 7½ hours - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- How to make different yeast based dough
- How to make: gluten free bread, bagels , a 2000 yo sour dough bread recipe and the traditional French baguette.
- How to make and keep your own sour dough.
- These recipes and techniques are the basis of most bread and will give you the knowledge to create a lot of variations from them.
- Recipe book and apron will be provided at the beginning of the course, for students to keep.
- Students will take home their products.
- Just your love for baking (and baked goods!)
- Your camera and lunch
Wear casual and light clothes, sneakers or shoes with thick sole are recommended.
No prerequisite for this course – open to public and trade.
48 hours notice cancelation required to get a full refund . . (Only on a presentation of a medical certificate, will you have the opportunity to reschedule the course .)
We reserve the right to cancel a class if the minimum attendance number is not reached. (Your fee will be refunded or rescheduled, you will get the choice.
Important Health and Safety Information
- For safety reasons, you will need to be 16 years or older to attend our courses.
- Our courses are NOT SUITABLE if you are allergic to NUTS or other food ingredients.
- For health and safety reasons, enclosed shoes must be worn during training. Long hair must be tied back, and avoid wearing loose bracelets or bangles, keep your rings at home.
- Casual and light clothes are suitable. As you will stand up for a long period of time,snickers or shoes with thick sole are recommended.
You will get a recipe folder and an apron for you to take home. Video recording is not permitted from either phones or other video devices but you are welcome to take as many photos as you like.
- For a full day course, you will have a 30 minutes lunch break .
- A dining room is provided for your breaks. Hot and cold drinks will be available free of charge. You will need to bring your own lunch or organise it from a nearby lunch bar.
- We have ample free parking space in front of our premises. We are located just a 10 min walk from Joondalup train station, in the business park opposite the shopping centre. We encourage you to use public transport, we have a free pick up and drop off at the Joondalup train station, organise it in advance.
- We will not take your photo without asking for your permission first .
Apprentices and trades people working in the food preparation/hospitality industry may be able to claim attendance to our courses as a tax deduction. In some cases ABN holders could qualify for a $200.00 Small Business Smart Business Training Voucher – contact your local Small Business Centre or www.sbceastmetro.com.au/services/training-vouchers (08) 9274 6428